Thursday, November 18, 2010

18 November, 1911

Camp 14

The ponies are not pulling well. The surface is, if anything, a little worse than yesterday, but I should think about the sort of thing we shall have to expect henceforward. I had a panic that we were carrying too much food and this morning we have discussed the matter and decided we can leave a sack.

We've done the usual 13 geographical miles to make the 15 statute. The temperature was -21 when we camped last night, now it is -3.

The crocks are going on wonderfully. Oates gives Chinaman three days, and Wright says he may go a week. This is slightly inspiriting, but how much better would it have been to have had ten really reliable beasts! It's touch and go whether we scrape up to the Glacier; meanwhile we get along somehow.

At any rate, the bright sunshine makes everything look more hopeful.

1 comment:

  1. Took me time to read all the comments, but I really enjoyed the article.
    Cheap Roadster Cartier Watches