Tuesday, March 30, 2010

30 March, 1911

The ice holds south of Hut point, though not thickening rapidly. It seems we are going to be here a while longer. It is trying -- trying -- but we can live, which is something. I should not be greatly surprised if we had to wait till May.

How will this effect our plans for next year? Will it mean that we will be stuck here after our return from the Pole, and miss the ship for certain? Will we have enough supplies laid in place just in case?

Saw two rorquals rising close to Hut Point this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment