Wednesday, September 30, 2009

30 September, 1910


Dreamed of women last night. They were all about, with their softness and womanly smell and laughter, and one was kissing me on the back of my neck. I couldn't see her, but I knew she was beautiful. 

We've been looking out for dolphins and whales to study. Shark, too. 

Bowers says we haven't brought any honey. 

I'm a bit despondent today, to be honest Sometimes I just get this way. The ship is running well; everything is going according to plan; I have no complaints. It's just a nagging feeling. It's the doldrums. Not even my silly novel can drag me out of it. Maybe finding out about the honey set it off, or maybe it was the sirens in my dream. You wake up and there is no woman next to you, no sweetness in your mouth. No hope of any, either. 

No comments:

Post a Comment